Saturday, June 11, 2016

Book of Mormon 60 Day Reading Challenge

The Personal Progress program is a program within the LDS church that improves skills and relationships that women and girls sometimes overlook. This program is similar to the scouting program and is often forgotten or overshadowed but is still very important. It teaches not only gospel doctrines but also introduces girls ages 12-18 to skills and activities they might not have been involved in before. One requirement before completing the Personal Progress program is reading the entire Book of Mormon. This is one of the only things I have not done and as I just graduated high school I have the summer to do so. In order to finish I am participating in a 60 day Book of Mormon reading challenge. Reading a book in 60 days honestly doesn't seem too bad, it ends up only being around 5 chapters a day, which for a former APLIT and APLANG student isn't all that much. I am hopeful that because of this challenge I will finally be able to finish such an important book and that by documenting it on this blog I will be forced into learning something along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment